3. Carnival Sunshine
This was a GFWC Woman's Club (all of Florida) fundraiser for Hacienda Girls Ranch. Florida Fabulous Flamingo Flock... People would say oh, you're with that ladies group. Yep, that's was us, all 90+++ & a few husbands (10)... I had Priority boarding & it was swift and easy. One of my cabin mates was on a walker, but needed a wheelchair to board and they were very accommodating. Also disembarkation was a super breeze. Ordered wheel chair the night before & when we got to location we were whisked away, straight to customs, zipped through, still in wheelchair and across the street to garage where staff left her and I went for car. Porter went with me to car & loaded luggage. Again, very nice. Weather was good, except for the rain in Grand Turk which made everyone boarding look like we were having a wet tee shirt contest. Ship is smallish compared to other ships I have sailed on, but o.k. overall. I was disappointed in size of Ocean Suite but since I had seen the pictures, I knew it would not match other, larger, Carnival ships. I really dislike the way their galley is, to me, in the way of navigating the ship. Out, up over down around. Our wait staff in Sunset Dining room, Norwell, Dora and John were wonderful. Very attentive to our needs. Downright funny at times and we dressed them in flamingo headbands, heart headbands, flashing flamingo while they danced.. Called many of us by our names & remembered what your drink preference was. Food, overall was good. I had read that table cloths were done away with except for formal night, so not a surprise. To me that is a perk in cruising. Lido was crowded but we always found a seat. Bit disappointed in food selection, seemed like less than other ships. A lot of fried foods, which I do not eat. However I found other goodies. We did the Italian restaurant & it is top notch. Try it. Not really expensive either. $15 per. Entertainment was good the 2 nights we went. Theatre is really a lounge which was different. A lot of strobe lights, almost blinding, so many that the next night my cabin mates did not want to go...Don't know about the activities, but we as the WC group did a slot pull on the last sea day. Now that was a hoot and we hooped and screamed when we had a "high roller".... Made a lot of $$ for our fundraiser doing that and had several people on ship contribute to our cause, Hacienda Girls Ranch, when they found out what we were doing.. There were only 2 ports, Amber Cove which I had never been to. We did a tour, overview of area. Bus was very nice, Clean, a/c, excellent driver, tour guide was nice, but limited English, very limited. Grand Turk was the other port and we got off, did some shopping, checked out the John Glen memorial. There is a giant pool right there which, in the past, I have taken advantage of. Both ports were very clean in portside shopping areas. Over all I would recommend this cruise if you want a short, 5 day get away.

Sailed with 90++ ladies on a fundraiser cruise.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by e.p.

Over all I would recommend this cruise if you want a short, 5 day get away.
e.p.’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7229
Nice, Clean, Small for what I expected, but certainly adaquate for the 3 of us... Tub with jets, plenty of hot water, 2 closets and dressing area with big mirrors. Nice balcony.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins