• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Tripping MeeMaw
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:

My husband has SADD. We took this cruise for the sunshine and it was our first time on Mexico's west side.

Cleanliness, service and excursions were plentiful and varied. The food was abundant and we could remain lowkey, which we prefer. I loved the Crow's Nest, the library/coffee shop on the Observation deck. Having a torn meniscus limited my excursions, so I entertained myself by doing puzzles and the library and meeting people there.

NOTE: Every ship line we've been on has horrible lighting over the puzzle tables, which makes it very difficult to differentiate between color gradations in the pieces which indicate where they might go. Please, please, please be the first to fix the lighting over the puzzle tables. You'd make a lot of people very happy with that one simple upgrade.

Cabin Handicapped Stateroom

The layout was a bit odd. Very clean and well-maintained. Small TV screen was at the farthest end of the elongated room and very small. The sideways position of our bed forced the person on the far side to watch tv sitting up to see over the person lying down.

There was an odor from the toilet drain in the bathroom. Not so noticeable the first couple days but forced us to ensure the bathroom door was tightly shut to avoid noxious odors in the main room.

Rooms are NOT soundproof from surrounding cabins above, below, and next to ours. Lots of noise and thumping and conversations from folks who are bigger party people than ourselves.

3 Helpful Votes