Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by artistsj

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

My title sums it up. I thought it would be nice to have 4 days before and after visiting Hawaii. It did not think about the fact we may have to skip a port or 2. Even that did not seem too bad until it happened. In Honolulu, we were told we could not get into the next stop because of bad weather at that port. We were told that we could have a 2nd day in Honolulu. OK That seemed reasonable, BUT we would not have as long on shore. OK Then we found out the cruise had no excursions for the 2nd day. We left the ship on the second day thinking there would be trips offered at the pier. NO there was only one option, a free ride to the mall if we listened to a 20-minute talk on jewelry. NOTHING else. No guidance to where we might find an excursion, not even a line of taxis looking for a fare.

This happened again at Kona. This time we needed to be back on the ship by 1 PM. There were a couple of early excursions offered on the ship but by the time we were ready to leave the ship it was too late to go anywhere with assurance we would be back on time. We shopped at the nearby shops and bought a few things we did not need. Wow, that was exciting.

The ship was cold inside and out. We did not use our balcony. No swimming for most of us. There were a few brave souls. It was too windy to use the mini-golf or walk the upper deck. I really got bored.

My husband got motion sick and lost his lunch. And there was a cold or flu going around the ship. They ran out of cold medicine in the Fun Shop and I was up for hours coughing. Even with trip insurance I was told it would cost about $50.00 from the ships doctor. So I decided to see the doctor as my cold got worse. It was after 9 PM so he was off duty and because we would be disembarking the next morning he would not be available. Oh, well. It was just a cold.

I believe it was my poor planning to go to Hawaii in the winter. The water was cold, the sea was rough, and the on board temperature was cold.

artistsj's Full Rating Summary

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8J 8155

Nice, not fancy but a place to call home for a few days. Our room steward, Newbon was very good. We made a point to give him a tip above the percentage added to our bill.

artistsj