• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

AWHW
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

I embarked the MSC Splendida in Marseille on Jan 28, which was also the Chinese New Year’s day and so there was a sizeable contingency of Chinese passengers. It was actually the last night of the itinerary when I embarked, as the majority of guests had embarked in Genoa, so on my embarkation day I enjoyed the gala dinner and the show ended with the crew parade chanting ‘time to say goodbye’.

Indeed this was the third time I cruised on this ship, similar itinerary, same class of cabin. One main reason was that I think MSC’s Yacht Club is among the best cruise experience I have had, the other was that there was not much of a choice of a European cruise in January, and I needed a cruise (now that I cruise virtually every month).

Yacht Club was great because I like big ship facilities and activities, while within this ‘ship within ship’ I also enjoy a high-end service environment. The dinner tonight, the Gala, I had Foie Gras and lobster, and it was good to start the cruise this way if in a somewhat reverse order.

Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

Cabin YC1

Great cabin, spacious and has a bath tub. Very clean and comfortable.

Port Reviews

Marseille

Good port with many thing going on.

Genoa

Great 4 hours strolling as ship terminal is near centre.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Didn't bother to go to Rome (too far) and Civitavecchia is no good without Romne.

Palermo (Sicily)

Nice three hours and good urban acitivities.

Malta (Valletta)

Best port of call.....spectacular setting and historic buildings.

Barcelona

Good port but beware of pickpockets!

Find an MSC Splendida Cruise from $169