3. Adventure of the Seas
We chose this ship because we wanted a January cruise that went to the Southern Caribbean. Initially we were just iffy about the ship as we had previously sailed on the NCL Getaway. After 3 days we had NO crowded pools, no crowded hot tubs, no wait in for the main dining room, ALWAYS readily found deck chairs, loved the promenade deck and the goodies available there 24-7. We loved the ports (St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao, Aruba) and by weeks end my 8yo son cried because he came to enjoy everything about the ship. For the kids: we found it very handy we could "load" a cruise card with game room credit and then became useless afterwards.........with 2 children this is an outstanding way to manage the kids. On previous cruises our game room bill eclipsed 150.00 but RCCL does it right in this area as this is easily managed. The food: never had a bad meal. Now there was Italian night and that is just not my favorite so we grazed in the buffet and the promenade. Now this is what spoke volumes to me, the next night our hostess/head waiter asked where we were last night and if we had a bad experience. WOW, never happened to us before. We came to adore this sweet lady and the surrounding staff. The promenade has a 24-7 goodie area where you can get cookies, sandwiches, pizza, coffee, etc. My children would go there after EVERY port because the food was really good..........nothing fancy but hearty and satisfying. The decks: you could always get into a hot tub or pool......it was never so crowded and my son began to grow fins because he lived there almost every day. The water slides and flow rider were fun too. As a middle aged guy, I had to try the flow rider........yeah, I was not a keen surfer but the staff was so kind helping get the hang of it. The ports: all I can say is DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. Not a bad port on this cruise. St. Kitts was gorgeous as we did a local island tour that lasted 5-6 hours. We were at Buckaroo beach for 3 hours where the biggest wave was like 4 inches and the water was so clear we could see all the fish. Loved it. Aruba is simply gorgeous as was Curacao and touring both islands was a treat. We cannot say enough about these islands as we did tours on both of them and again.........loved both. St. Thomas, we did the island tram and simply meandered the island the entire day.........it is so nice to eat conch fritters and coconut shrimp spiced island style. Loved all the stops. By weeks end, we were all fans of this ship, its stops, and most of all ease of accessibility and gracious staff. I have never done a B2B but would seriously entertain the idea on this ship!!!

This ship grew on our family.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Mr Mom

I have never done a B2B but would seriously entertain the idea on this ship!!!
Mr Mom’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Loved the layout.....very functional and fit our family of 4 very well.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans