3. Norwegian Star
We chose the cruise because of the itenary 8 stops in 21 nights but we were disappointed that 2 stops had been cut before starting Ho Chi Min City and Bangkok so from 10 to 8. We stopped firstly at Na Trang by tender, we then went on to Singapore for an overnight stop great place and got berthed, we then moved onto Bali nice resort and beaches lovely people, tendering process was a shambles on the way back to ship the crew headed to the front of the queue leaving the " valued customers " to swelter in the heat. After leaving Bali all passengers received a letter to inform us that another 3 stops had to be cancelled because of a propulsion problem meaning we didn't have enough speed to make all the stops so Komodo Island, Airlie Beach and Brisbane were cancelled 5 stops now in 21 nights. The following day there was bedlam on the ship mass demo in the atrium,the company had given each cabin at the start because of the missed 2 stops a 200usd payment and because of the further 3 missed stops gave each cabin a further 800usd payment and 50 per cent of what you paid for cruise against a future cruise with them to be taken in a year from date of letter, the following day that went out to 3 years then after a meeting with the Vice President of NCL Australiasia this went to 100per cent money back against a future cruise with them in 5 years. Even at the very end highlight for me sailing into Sydney Harbour was changed we were meant to arrive at 7am this was changed to 3am. NCL will not be around in 5 years if they keep treating their customers at times with complete disregard. People reviewing this might think they've got their money back and cabin credit, had I known I was going to miss all the stops I wouldn't have booked it I went to all the expense of building an itenary around the cruise we had arranged to meet friends in Brisbane, didn't get to snorkel in the Barrier Reef it was a huge let down, and yes ships do have mechanical problems as I found out just not as much problems as this ship. Because of the way we were treated by management I would never cruise with this company again first and last. Ultimate beverage package was very good as were 99.9 per cent of crew, the restaurants were ok some staff were only trainees cabins were ok, will be prepared to take legal action to get my money back as are many more people.

Waste of time