3. Carnival Magic
We cruised with my family of three and two friends. Being from the Midwest, we flew into Melbourne, FL the night before. MLB is relatively small and very easy to navigate. The five of us spent the night at the Hilton Rialto, Melbourne, sharing a junior suite with two double beds and a fold out sofa. The room had plenty of space to accommodate the five of us. The hotel is conveniently located near a Walmart just in case you forget some essentials or need to pick up soda/wine before embarkation. We picked up our last minute items, made the short drive to port, dropped off our rental car (10:45 am) at Budget and then we waited and waited and waited for the shuttle to arrive. After more than an hour waiting in the chaos, we finally hired an Uber ($18) for the short ride to the terminal. Embarkation was very busy but moved quickly and efficiently. We were onboard within 30 minutes from the time we were dropped off (maybe 1:00 pm?) Our stateroom was ready by 1:30. We loved our spacious deluxe ocean view room (1248). Having two bathrooms was a bonus. Overall, we loved the ship. It is big yet easy to navigate. There is plenty to do. We used the HUB app and really found it handy. For $5 per device we were able to chat with each other throughout the cruise, which came in really handy. We tried the Mongolian Wok, Tandoor, Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana for lunch. All were really tasty! Breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana were my favorite. Lido breakfast was the typical buffet food. Nothing special but definitely found plenty to eat. Drink stations were always crowded and especially the coffee was empty frequently but the staff was always working hard to keep up. We ate dinner in the MDR every night. Service was good yet somewhat unorganized. I'm not a huge complainer but for me the MDR food was just average. I understand they serve a lot of people but we never had hot food. It was always luke-warm at best. The crab cake was my favorite appetizer. Most of the main dishes were mediocre but with that said, we never left hungry. The chocolate melting cake was delish. Shout out to IWayan and Abdi - they always had a smile and asked about our day. We thought the entertainment in the Starlight Theater was good. We saw Flick and really enjoyed it. The pools were crowded but not unreasonable. Lido pool was LOUD but the Aft pool was much more subdued. We spent most of our time there. Drinks were good, especially the frozen ones! Try the Mango swirl margarita, it's delish! Overall, we really enjoyed our time on the ship. In Cozumel, we went to Paradise/SanFrancisco beach on our own. The water was too rough for the water toys. Lots of waves stirred the water and washed up sea weed. I would not recommend San Francisco beach. Too many peddlers constantly bugging to buy stuff, like seriously, every 5 minutes! Not relaxing at all. At our next port, Belize, we booked Goff's Caye independently. Be prepared to tender to port for 25 minutes to land. We met with our tour guides and then had another 30 minute boat ride (we went right past our ship) out to Goff's. The island is small with only one bathroom and one changing room. The guided snorkeling tour was really nice. The reef is very active with sea life. The water was crystal clear. The rum punch/food lines were long and very unorganized. The rum punch was free. The food cost from $8-$12. If I were to do it over again, I would pack my own sandwiches/snacks from the ship. I wasted a lot of my time waiting in line 30 minutes for food because my son was starving. Roatan was by far my favorite port. We booked with Little French Key independently. It's a short walk outside the port to meet the driver then approximately a 20 minute ride to Frenchy's 44, and a 5 minute ferry ride to LFK. We bought the $88 Island package that included use of all equipment, paddle boards, snorkel, kayak, etc., 2 drink tickets and lunch. The water was beautiful clear. We jumped from the platform several times, FUN! My family kept busy with activities, while my friends relaxed on the loungers for the day. The drinks were strong but good and served with a smile. We absolutely loved Little French Key. Our last port was Costa Maya. We were there with 3 other ships, including NCL's Getaway. It was CROWDED in port! There is a nice shopping area at port and also a pool and several restaurants. We took the shuttle ($3/pp) to Blue Kay and walked along the Malecon. I wish we had a longer day here. We would have loved more time at Blue Kay. We would definitely said on the Magic again.

Great Time on the Magic

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Luvnlyfagain

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

We would definitely said on the Magic again.
Luvnlyfagain’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6M 1248
The cabin was very spacious. We had plenty of closet space. The beds were comfortable. We liked having the couch fold out to a bed rather than a pullman. We also loved having two bathrooms, it was very convenient for two people to be able to shower at the same time. This cabin was located forward on the ship directly above the forward gangway. Be aware, it could get noisy at times when we had early docking/tendering.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins