3. Pride of America
I feel I should write this review to warn those cruisers who expect more from a cruise than Pride of America will give. I have been on over 24 cruises in the last 9 years. The one before this was on NCL's Pearl in June and loved it this one was the totally opposite. I have no complaints about ports just service.Day 1 Embarkation smooth cabin was ready around 3:00 and luggage  was there shortly after muster drill.  The cabin was somewhat dirty with gum and candy wrappers and the bathroom medicine cabinet still had leftover toothpaste on the glass where you put your items  people must have rested their toothbrushes and we had about a quarter roll of TP.There were 3 of is traveling one was an infant so I needed the main bed turned to one big bed, we only had 2 towels and 2 wash cloths and no bathroom light. I went to Pursers and they gave me the extension 9101 to call so I gave them what I needed. By bedtime nothing was fixed so I pushed the bed together myself. No room steward to be found.Day 2 I called the 9101 number around 7am to have the items fixed and he said ok. Went to breakfast in the Skyline and there were hardly any passengers. Service was slow didn't get a bread basket till we asked for it. Order wasn't complete and beverages never re-filled and no one came to check on us. around 4 P.M.  Still no towels, No bed together and no light in the bathroom. I called again. Still nothing. No room steward. Day 3 went to front desk in the AM and spoke to Dana and she said she would have it all taken care of. Went to eat at Aloha cafe and daughter got the chicken sandwhich and ate about a quarter of it and  looked and the center was totally RAW so I took  it and showed them. Got back to the cabin for the evening still nothing and the even took our pools towels we were using as towels and still no light so I called Dana and left a message. No room steward has appeared to introduce.Day 4 I went and talked dto a gentlemen at Pursers desk to tell him my frustrations and it was useless. After am room cleaning we had only 2 towels and no wash clothes and no light.  Later that night after calling  the light got fixed YAY kids wont be scared in bathroom now to take a shower. Day 5 Yay we have a room steward my daughter found her to ask for more towels. and to fix bed since my baby was falling through the cracks with the 2 just pushed together. Went to Breakfast at the Aloha worker working  in the food area where they have the  biscuits and gravy was standing inside worker station next to food blowing his nose. Day 6 5AM working standing outside our window which has a walkway with lifeboats Squirting down our window and walkway woke everyone up and I had to call down for that. Other neighbors were furious also.  I went down that evening and spoke to front desk and the lady there totally understood and said they really need to change things with this ship. They are short staffed and workers actually quit while we were on board and just left the ship in Kauai I heard the other employees talking about it. So as far as our experience it's poorly run, dirty and just a very unpleasant trip.  If you want to cruise the islands I'm not sure you have any other choice but just don't expect much at all.  Many of the passengers were unhappy and then I would hear others who loved it so I think it  just depends on the service level you expect. If this were my first cruise with NCL I would never do it again. Also there service charge is a joke basically it's like double dipping where they charge you the 12.00  a day service charge plus they would like tips also. YOU DON"T HAVE TO PAY THE SERVICE CHARGE. Just go to the front desk and refuse and go tip who you want  on your own. Why would I pay a service charge for no service.  Best service was Cadillac Diner. Ate there most of the time.

Not Proud of Pride Of America a step down for NCL

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 7632
Awful location. I would never get this cabin again and it was pretty dirty.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins