• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Le Ponant Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Cuba by day, France by night

Review for Le Ponant to Cuba
EASTBROADOAKS
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:

We were based on the boat with three university alum travel groups visiting Cuba.

It was a great advantage to return to one location after visiting 4 of the oldest cities on the island. We were always greeted warmly by the French crew and it was good to have a respite from rundown Cuba. We enjoyed the special food and buffet service on the outside deck for breakfast and lunch and dinner in the dining room by outstanding crew who knew our names after the first day. We also appreciated the boat crew who helped us get on and off the boat. There was even a doctor from the boat who accompanied the tours-nice because the steps and walkways were so uneven. We had one night being tossed around at sea between Santiago de Cuba and Cienfuegos. The boat rocks side to side with swells.

That gets me to what is totally unacceptable on this boat-THE BEDS! They are rock hard mattresses which no first class ship should ever use. My husband had a back ache every morning. When I told the hotel director I had read a cruise critic reviewer had the same complaint, he said that was the best they could do. I wonder how they ever get a return customer to sleep on that bed!

Cabin 3rd category

A small but well organized cabin with the worst bed imaginable for a high end cruise line.

10 Helpful Votes