3. Norwegian Getaway
We enjoyed our cruise but see the Norwegian changes as going down hill. We have taken several (probably 5) Norwegian cruises and they just don't offer the service they use to. This was our first time on a larger ship and I think we prefer the smaller but the larger does offer more. We had no major problems to complain about. We only went to the complimentary dining and it was all good. The buffet was good. Embarkation was much more difficult on this ship because of the number of people. They did ok for as many people as there were. Debarkation is a nightmare. They kept blaming customs and immigration. The biggest complaint is the pool is not laid out well at all. The sign says max. capacity is 26!!!! for real check the sign or ask. Our ship was loaded with people and kids. We were told it was a Hebrew holiday and there was a group of 126 people who came together 100 were kids. The 2 sea days were like sardines. Don't understand why they did this. Yes there are other areas but no pools. I will say they kept the kids out of the adult pool. Did not like the reservations for shows. That is not freestyle. But over all it is still a fun time. The employees were great and friendly. We met lots of really nice people. Our room was good, cabin steward friendly. Food was good I think it is time to try a different cruise line. The prices just keep going up and your get less for your money. Not a good value for me

Good but not Great

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by dortrust

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside Stateroom

Did not like the reservations for shows. That is not freestyle.

dortrust’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1 12457
Room was adequate. We wanted a balcony but they were all taken. Large enough for 2 but it would be tight for 4
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins