3. Carnival Breeze
I chose the Breeze because it was a new ship out of my home port of Galveston. I have been on the Conquest and Magic 3 times each. I had been to these ports many times before, but my granddaughter and her best friend were coming with us and we wanted them to have a good time. We stayed in a Cove balcony. We like the privacy and being close to the water. Our room steward was not good. He would only service once a day, and we were always needing towels, both for our room and for ports. He didn't give us enough glasses for our bathroom until the last day, and we never got any for our drinks in our room, even after asking. He didn't set up the bunk bed until after 9:30 the first night, and would come late at night, after we were in bed, to service the room. I would just exchange towels with him at the door. I'm not a fan of American Table. The chicken and the swordfish were both dry and tasteless. Guy's Burgers were good, as well as Pizza Pirate. Deli and Cucina's were both good. We never got around to the Thrill Theater. We did Sunscape Splash Resort in Jamaica through Resort for a Day. It was good for our newbie who had never been to the ocean before. In Grand Cayman, we did the Turtle Farm through Carnival. It was a good place to learn to snorkel. Our kids had a good time there. We went to Chankanaab in Cozumel and did the Dolphin Encounter though Carnival. They tried out their new snorkeling skills there. We signed our 14 year olds up for Circle C the first night. They never went back. They are both in high school and the others were not. The boys, especially, were very immature. The ocean was rough the first and last days due to storms. I was glad to be on a lower deck. I would go again, but would hope for a better room steward.

Service is lacking

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by sewut

We never got around to the Thrill Theater.

I would go again, but would hope for a better room steward.
sewut’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

• Chankanaab National Park Tour
    We had an encounter with the manatees and then with the dolphins. There was a mix up with the times or something and I think they killed time by putting us in with the manatees. The buffet was pretty bad. We wasted a lot of time waiting for a dolphin encounter and didn't have time for the sea lion show. We had very little time to snorkel before it was time to leave.
    View All 223 Chankanaab National Park Tour Reviews
  • Dolphin Swim & Encounter
    We got to "dance" with the dolphins, kiss them and interact with them. The pictures were good, but way too expensive.
    View All 415 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
  • Turtle Farm
    Our teen girls enjoyed this, especially snorkeling with the turtles.
    View All 300 Turtle Farm Reviews
  • Sunset Beach Resort
    Sunscape Splash Resort was a good experience for a newbie cruiser who had never seen the ocean. It has pools, lazy river, slides, beach with shade, and food and drinks.
    View All 13 Sunset Beach Resort Reviews