3. Disney Fantasy
We chose this cruise as we are avid Disney fans and had already been on the Disney Magic. I wanted a larger newer ship and we picked the Fantasy. Overall Disney knows how to raise the bar at all levels and really makes others play catchup. This was my 12th cruise total (Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean, Disney) and would rank it as the 2nd best trip. Disney brings the same level of quality from their parks into the ships. If you've ever been on a cruise, you will know what I am talking about, as most staff are poorly trained and not treated well on other lines. Overall great trip, with a few minor negatives for this larger ship. Cabins - The cabins were worn (we traveled March 2016) and our cabin had very worn carpet with a giant patch replaced (3' x 3'). I was a little disappointed as I expected the rooms to hold up a bit better. Overall normal size as all other cruises lines, (Deluxe Family Balcony). The only pro for the Deluxe rooms is the extra 5' of cabin space, as the dual bathrooms take up a little more room than normal. Food - People always rave about food on cruises. My standards are not very high, as I am on vacation and know there is variety around the ship, plus they prepare it in mass for thousands of people. I think the food was good, not great. It met my needs and I NEVER went hungry. I will say that on the 2nd Disney cruise, they continue to run out dry cereal by day 4 of a 7 day cruise (the small boxes that people take and use as snacks for the kids). The MAJOR PLUS here is the free soft drinks for the kids. I hate when cruise lines charge for soft drinks!!! Activities - ALWAYS stuff to do on this ship. The Aquaduck is great (kids rode it probably 30+ times) along with the water slides. Pools are a little small considering how many kids are on the ship, they should have planned for larger pools. Deck space is tight and as always, chairs are very hard to get in the main pool area. We did the sports simulator a few times which I would NOT do again. Very inaccurate and didn't work well. The only reason we did it a few times was we would be charged for cancelling our pre-bookings. I will say for activities - you must be online the day the activities open to book out!!! (I.e. - I went on one hour later, and all of the cabanas were already sold out on their island!!!) The negatives I want to point out - Photo Gallery - The last night they are packed and ill-prepared to handle the masses flooding to pick out photos and place orders. Even worse is the pickup line in the AM. We waited 1.5 hours to pick up a book that was pre-paid. They need to figure this out!!!! Shows - (with all cruises) - if you're not early, you won't get a seat. People lineup super early and block out seats for friends Boarding - While it was okay, they tell you to not get to the port until Noon, or 1. We got there at 11, and they had just started boarding by groups. We had to wait in line to get our kids registered for the kids club for almost 30 minutes, and missed our boarding call. NOT normally a big deal, but we had to get on the ship early to try to get some activities booked that were already sold out on line 6 months in advance. Overall they suffer from some of the same problems other cruise lines do, but I do appreciate their quality and attention to detail. We will definitely cruise another Disney again... Just not during peak season.

Disney is always a step above the competition.

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by rugfy2