• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cruiser1955
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:

My first cruise on Ventura was back in 2010 when I was not impressed with the ship, so it was with some in trepidation that I returned to her. However, I must say that I was most impressed with the improvements I found.

I am a frequent cruiser having done over 50 cruises with more than 10 cruise lines. Ventura and Azura are the largest ships I have travelled on and now I am starting to recognise the benefits of a larger ship.

I had priority boarding but there were a lot of frequent cruisers (Caribbean level and above) on this cruise. However, I was still on board within 20 minutes of arriving at the port.

Cabin Balcony HB

Plenty of room for me as a solo traveller. Missed not having a sofa but the two chairs were comfortable. Balcony furniture was high backed semi recliners which were comfortable. Some noise at times from people walking on the deck above. Very quiet as regards other ship noise and I did not notice much ship movement - but I did have calm seas.

Port Reviews

Southampton

Embarkation and disembarkation. Used CPS for parking and they were very good. An easy way to start and finish the cruise

Madeira (Funchal)

One of the ports I don't mind visiting time and time again. Some lovely local restaurants within walking distance of the ship or shuttle drop off point. Easy to do on your own

Seville

An easy place to visit on your own. Local market is very impressive.

27 Helpful Votes