• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

BilbreyFam
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Me and my wife are huge huge Disney fans. I proposed in Disney, yes in front of the castle, and a Disney cruise seemed like the right idea.

A little background on us. I've never been on a cruise and she's been on 2 cruises with Carnival. This was our first Disney cruise.

We live in Houston, so we did the check-in online and drove about the hour there and got there a little before our check in time of 1:45. The check in process was extremely fast. I feel like from getting out of the car to on the ship was about half an hour tops. It was pretty cool that they introduced us onto the ship with the loudspeakers. First up checking out the room.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Cabin 06A

The cabin at first seemed small to me. But once I got in it and situated I felt like I had a lot of room. I also felt like our room was bigger than a lot of other rooms, and the verandah seemed bigger than most, except 6154 behind us who seemed to take up half the ship. We really didn't spend that much time in the room except to sleep and the bed was very good for that.

Port Reviews

Key West

Very touristy feel to it. Beaches were beautiful. The 90 miles to Cuba point was also very cool.

Galveston

Already live close to Galveston and it's alright. Beaches aren't that great.

Nassau

It was Majority Day and there was some kind of March going on. Lots of shops were closed and after about 5 minutes walking in one direction we felt like we were kind of in the ghetto. Bars were cool though.

4 Helpful Votes