3. Disney Wonder
Me and my wife are huge huge Disney fans. I proposed in Disney, yes in front of the castle, and a Disney cruise seemed like the right idea. A little background on us. I've never been on a cruise and she's been on 2 cruises with Carnival. This was our first Disney cruise. We live in Houston, so we did the check-in online and drove about the hour there and got there a little before our check in time of 1:45. The check in process was extremely fast. I feel like from getting out of the car to on the ship was about half an hour tops. It was pretty cool that they introduced us onto the ship with the loudspeakers. First up checking out the room. My first thoughts walking into the room were wow this is a lot smaller than I was expecting. but the balcony was nice and spacious. Bed was incredibly comfortably. I was overall kind of thrown aback because my first impression was this is small, but I grew to like it a lot. The room behind us 6154 had a HUGE balcony though! It covered about half the back of the boat. Then we explored the ship. I remember saying to my wife the thing I love most about Disney is their attention to detail. Every aspect of the ship is Disney related, and everything has a purpose. Near the adult area there were spots you could sit in the windows and look out. Being adults on our honeymoon we spent most of our time in the adult only area. The dining rotation was very cool. We got Triton's first, and it was like fine dining I have never experienced before. It was so much food and so good I felt so bad when I couldn't finish it all. We were 2nd dining and so we would have to leave pretty quick to make sure we made it to the adult shows. The shows were amazing. I HATE Frozen but my wife convinced me to go to their Frozen show and it was actually pretty cool. All the shows they had were awesome. I'm still stunned from David Gatti's show. I'm still laughing at Buckets and Boards. Dreams was very well put together, although the ending was kind of interesting. Every show in the adult area was hilarious. As a honeymooning couple on a Disney cruise we were kind of expecting to see and be bombarded by a lot of kids, and we were kind of concerned about that. But we barely saw kids. Barely! Anyway I digress. The shows in the adult area were awesome. The club host Brett was one heck of a guy and extremely hilarious! We all miss him. The wings at Crown and Fin Pub were to die for. I miss those a lot as well. Speaking of not seeing kids. There was even an adult only pool and hot tubs. It was almost always quiet over there too. At Castaway Cay there is an adult only beach as well. Like I said we barely interacted with kids, and that was pretty surprising to the both of us. The service was amazing. From room service, to service at the restaurants, or shops it was absolutely amazing. Everyone was super nice and it made us go, "Now I kind of want to work here!" The best port was Castaway Cay. If I could just live on Castaway Cay that would be okay. It was incredibly peaceful, and we loved it. Key West was pretty cool, but pretty touristy. All we really did there was get a picture with the 90 miles to Cuba point. The Bahamas were kind of disappointing. The beach was nice, and the bars were cool. But a lot of the shops were closed due to Majority Day and some kind of march. We decided to walk a bit and after about 10 minutes of walking in one direction we felt like we were in the ghetto. We were back on the ship well before it was time to be quite simply because we ran out of things to do. Our excursions at the Bahamas and Key West were both cancelled due to low visibility and wind respectively. To us that meant more spending money and it wasn't a big deal. The one excursions we did get to do was the Kayak tour at Castaway Cay. It was beautiful and we both learned a lot. Our tour guide was hilarious. The only downside, if you even want to call it that, was on the return. We woke up the last day expecting to be in Galveston, and instead we were just outside the port, anchored down due to the fog. For us living in Houston it was no big deal that just meant more time on the ship for free to us! But to others it was kind of a problem having to reschedule flights and stuff. Disney Cruise Line was amazing and made sure everybody was fed and made sure to add a lot of events so that the time went by faster. All in all it was an amazing cruise and me and my wife can't wait to go on our next Disney Cruise. Like I said earlier she's been on other cruises and agrees that Disney was better.

First Cruise + Honeymoon

BilbreyFam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06A 6152
The cabin at first seemed small to me. But once I got in it and situated I felt like I had a lot of room. I also felt like our room was bigger than a lot of other rooms, and the verandah seemed bigger than most, except 6154 behind us who seemed to take up half the ship. We really didn't spend that much time in the room except to sleep and the bed was very good for that.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins