Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review
1,369 Reviews

The Carnival Sunshine should be called the Downpour of Gloom!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by janiebanie

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

This was my 12th cruise on Carnival and this ship was just a let down. We could not get wash clothes or towels second day, therefor we did not make it to Elegant night. Phone was broken, this took a few days to get resolved. We stayed in a Ocean view suite and is was so microscopic small, I would not recommend on this ship, as is was an absolute waste of money. The room service was abnormally slow. The menu in fine dining was not that great. We paid extra to go to the Italian restaurant and the 2 other people in our party got their entrees about 7-9 minutes before I got mine. The decor of ship is dull. The atrium stank like sewage a few times. THERE IS NO DESIGNATED NIGHT CLUB ON THE SHIP! This really ruined the night time dancing for us. Some times we would be in the Liquid Lounge (which is there theater area), other night we might be up on a tiny section of the Serenity deck, with the high winds blowing at us, as this is outside, and with obstructions in our way of dancing. One night there was no place allotted for dancing at all! I was told by the entertainment director, that the Carnival Vista is the same. (Good to know, as I will not book on there or this ship ever again) The lay out of the ship was terrible as you have to take elevators up and around certain floors to get to places. When we finally got a chance to dance, the dj was RUDE! I really feel I just could not win on this ship. Things I did like: the company I went with, the places we stopped at, the excursions by Carnival, the bar staff, casino staff, fine dining staff, and buffet staff were all really great!

janiebanie's Full Rating Summary

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7168

Not worth the money! Service for this room was not good!

janiebanie