Marina Cruise Review

Marina Cruise Review by mightytraveler

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

Wanted to go through Panama Canal and wanted a longer cruise. We've been working up in the length of time as we move toward retirement. Heard good things about Ocean and it fit the other criteria so we booked.

Food is their claim to fame and it does not disappoint. Specialty restaurants really are special both in terms of food and even more so in terms of service. We especially enjoyed Toscana and Red Ginger. Grand Dining Room and Terrace cafe are also very good. I would suggest more vegetarian options as frequently there was no soup option that worked for us and once or twice there was meat in some salad without being listed in the dish explanation.

Cabin was very comfy but as someone else stated I would leave out the tub and opt for two sinks. Tub got used once and really did not make the bathroom any bigger than standard other than having the tub.

Entertainment varied. Oceania singers and dancers were OK but not outstanding. Specialty acts: two terrific, two not so good.

Service was mostly very good and there were certainly some stand out staff. The one big weakness was the Destination Services staff which basically took the you booked it so don't complain to us. Only the manager seemed willing to help passengers.

Not the best ports in the world that I've visited but I was more interested in seeing the canal and putting South America on my bucket list but I personally find other areas more interesting.

Would we go again: I would not rule out Oceania but I would not go out of my way to seek it out. It would depend on where and when I wanted to go and what lines were available to do that. There are other lines I would actively seek out.

Overall good experience and would not discourage anyone from going but would offer my thoughts if asked.

mightytraveler's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level
Cabin A1 9116

Nicely set up with a sitting area and balcony bit I did not see much value in the Concierge Level. May vary from sailing to sailing but I did not find our concierge helpful at all. Twice I asked him to help with a dinner reservation and twice he did not respond. As non meat eaters my husband asked him to hold back one or two of the mini tuna sandwiches served each day and he never remembered to do that.

mightytraveler