3. MSC Splendida
We had never cruised with MSC and choose this one for price and a wedding anniversary but we were very disappointed. Embarkation went smoothly and we were allowed on the ship early due to the weather in Barcelona. The cabin was a decent size on deck 10 with a balcony. Clean and spacious, mini bar if you can afford it. TV to high to watch without getting neck ache. Linen was never changed during 7 day cruise, towels were changed twice a day and bathroom cleaned daily. Pillows very soft although they say there is a pillow menu, didn't know how to choose alternative. Safe ok but how safe is it? Room service we had breakfast in room, that was very nice. Water in room well 2.5 Euros if you drank it, but as we had drinks package we got the same from the bar. Food was not good, breakfast was poor, fried eggs were overcooked and hard, they were also broken. Scrambled eggs had been made from packet mix as very sweet, bacon inedible, plenty of sweet fattening food. No green tea, but plenty of odd fruit teas. Coffee strong and stewed, but Italian coffee is strong. Evening meals, table too close together. cutlery dirty, with dried food on it. Too much shellfish on menu and the meat was tough or uncooked. Vegetarian food on restaurant menu left a lot to be desired. Only good thing on menus was the pasta. Wine very dry and one day I was served a glass of white wine which was tasteless and had been watered down. There was a fuss about changing it till I asked for the manager. Shows were very amateurish and repetitive, no real choreography or theme that was followed, Bingo was popular with some but not me, as was the very smokey casino. Bars ok when you could get a drink as the waiters and waitress seemed to like ignoring people, but as soon as you went to the bar they were there ready to pounce. When the shops opened the also had stalls out to sell to unsuspecting guests, one women tried to sell me facial products by telling me my skin needed lots of work, well in fact my skin was better than hers and I am 70. Everything around MSC is about taking money off you. From selling bottles of expensive wine to steak, lobster etc. My husband was very ill from under cooked chicken. And on disembarkation day we did not have to vacate the cabin until 08.45 so we went to breakfast and when we came back found our cabin staff changing the beds, this was still our cabin but we had left our coats and hand luggage in the room. When we came out one of them shook our hands and said thank you for the things you left we have sent them home to our family. When we got home we found our digital camera with precious memories on had been stolen by them. My advice if you dont mind food poisoning, being ripped off, spoken to as if you are an idiot and having your things stolen then this is for you otherwise avoid this company like the plague. Oh and by the way the balcony was unusable for two days due to balcony maintenance.

Worst Cruise Ever

silver seas’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 10115
Could not use balcony for two days as maintenance was being carried out. Bed linen not changed during cruise. And loose of camera stolen by cabin staff.
Piero della Francesca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins