3. Avalon Tranquility II
I have been on several of Avalon river boat cruises, a return customer because I find the sevice and activities to be exceptionally great. After breakfast, I turned to pass the waiter my dishes, and he scolded me, "You are on vacation! Let me do that for you". I selected this tour specifically for the Christmas Markets. Yes, it is cold, and the days are shorter, but you quickly warm up back on the ship with warm drinks as you walk back on board. The entertainment was wonderful, and they really engaged the audience, sometimes pulling up passengers to assist in their presentation or show. The tour director was especially helpful to us personally when my husband became ill, finding a doctor in town who spoke english, calling the cab, and checking in on us. Perhaps my favorite reason for taking these cruises is that you port near enough most towns to walk into the town to take in the local scenery. The cold was an excuse to find another cafe to order a wonderful hot chocolate and pastry.

Winter Christmas Market Cruise

SandyPS’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tranquility II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B
I loved the slanted design of the room. I parked my bags under the TV and had room to get from the side of the bed around to the window without any trouble. I also liked that the bed faces the water, so that I didn't have to keep turning my head to the side.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins