Pacific Aria Cruise Review

First cruise, nothing to compare it to, but we were very impressed!

Pacific Aria Cruise Review by firsttimecruiser2017

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific

As stated, this was our first cruise, so I have nothing by which to make a comparison. I must admit after reading the many reviews the ship has been given, we were a little trepidatious about our booking.

We are happy to report that we were so impressed with all aspects of the cruise.

Many other on board also expressed that sentiment as well.

Embarkation was exciting, the ship was impressively clean.

Our cabins were larger than I had expected. We had plenty of room to store everything. Our room stewards were tremendous, nothing was too much of a problem.

Our beds were very comfortable. I wasn't a fan of showering within the bath, but we soon adjusted. The shower temperature was a little sporadic at times.

Staff were always smiling, happy to oblige, keen to interact and nothing was too much trouble.

The only critique I would pass about the staff was that on disembarkation day, the standard of service seemed to drop a little, as all staff were busy trying to get us off by 8 am, only to welcome a new lot of cruisers on to leave at 2 pm.

This seems like a huge task for the usually amazing staff.

Food at the Pantry was acceptable, my 3 children loved the relaxed atmosphere on offer and the multitude of cuisines. I was looking forward to the Sugar Bar, which is mainly desserts but must admit that a lot on offer was very same/same. A higher degree of technique could have been employed when making the desserts.

We chose to dine mainly in the Waterfront (with wonderful service, if perhaps a slightly constricted menu, but it did change on a daily basis - the breakfast there was fabulous), Angelo's (impressive modern Italian) and Dragon Lady.

We never experienced a bad meal, at all!

The Kids clubs were amazing, and our kids made some fantastic new friends. The staff are enthusiastic and become like family friends by the end of the journey.

All sites visited were fantastic particularly the smaller ports of Mystery Island and the Isle of Pines. Port Vila was somewhat overwhelming as so many tour operators & drivers are vying for your business. We were heartened to see Police keeping the crowd under control. It was intimidating for our younger child.

The pool was on the smallish side, for such a large amount of people, but it was a lovely atmosphere sitting poolside.

I would certainly cruise again with P & O, and would also consider other cruise lines.

firsttimecruiser2017's Full Rating Summary