3. Carnival Glory
We chose this cruise mainly for the itinerary. The price was affordable, and it was the time of year that we wanted to go. We decided to book some excursions with Carnival. We chose the horse and carriage ride in Belize and the catamaran to Pasion Island in Cozumel. We enjoyed both and felt that they were a good value. In Grand Cayman and Roatan, we were on our own and enjoyed that as well. We were lucky that we were able to make it to all the ports. The Glory cruise the week before was not that lucky. It honestly was nothing that I had considered, so I am glad that it worked for us. We did anytime dining, and we would not do that again. We do not feel that the service is on the same level as when you do the scheduled dining times. We wondered if that serves as the training room for new wait staff. The biggest complaint is trying to find a lounge chair on sea days, but that is a problem on any cruise. We will definitely said with Carnival again.

Had a nice realaxing vacation

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Beachbum5817

Beachbum5817’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4G 7319
We have stayed in inside cabins before, and it looked just like we expected. The beds were made into a king sized bed, and that was what we requested. One of the bedside lamps was broken, and I called guest services. Within 15 minutes, they had an electrician there to fix it. We had plenty of closet space, but I did bring extra hangers from home. They don't have enough. Our cabin steward was Ephram, and he did a good job of cleaning and straightening our cabin.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Not knowing anything about Belize we thought this would be fun. The first half we were in an open air bus. Halfway through, we switched to a horse drawn carriage. Both of our guides were very nice and gave us a lot of informations. We were not happy with the guide that we had at the museum. He kept going on about things, and we didn't really get to see much of the items. In fact, my husband left the group and explored on his own. Afterwards, we had time to shop. There also was a sign there that you could get your passports stamped, so we went to the place. We were told by the port police that the man was on his lunch break. We went back about 3 other times over a 2 hours period, and he wasn't back. Who knows if he had every been there. We were disapppointed. Again, we went to a bar to try the local beer. I don't remember the name, but it was on Carnival's approved list.
    View All 81 City Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    I don't know if I checked the right excursion, because they don't have the one listed that we took. We did the catamaran ride to the Isle of Passion. I wouldn't really call it a catamaran, but it was very nice. The only thing that bothered me was that it didn't leave on time. I don't think that they should wait for late-comers. If you can't be on time, don't book an excursion. We were cleard to get off the ship way before the scheduled time. The ride to the island took about 30 minutes, and it was awesome. We enjoyed the time on the island. The food was tasty and we had a very attentive server who keep bringing us drinks. They were also very good, and there was a nice variety. The only thing that they didn't serve was beer. I have no idea why, but it was available. I could have stayed there longer. We were back in Cozumel with plenty of time to shop. Because, we had taken this tour, we were told that we could get a free Margarita at 3 Amigos, and we did. Cozumel is beautiful.
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    We took a local taxi/bus to the Royal Palms resort. The beach is beautiful there. I think the taxi ride was 4 or 5 dollars each way. We paid a nominal fee to access the property, and I think we paid $10 apiece for lounge chairs. The port area has changed in the 4 years since I was there, and it is a nice change. I just wish the time in Grand Cayman was longer. It is the shortest port stay on this cruise.
    View All 3,387 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Roatan
    We had wanted to book the chair lift excursion before we left, and it said it was sold out. I never thought to check while we were on board the ship, because someone told me that things often open up on the ship. So, we just got off the ship and did the shops that are right there. There is a wide selection of local products and the stores that you see in every port. What we liked the best was that for a donation ( I don't remember the cause) you could get your passport stamped. So, we went back to our cabin to get them. We then walked the path to the chair lift beach. It looked very nice. We went to the Fat Tuesdays there and had a local beer. We got back on the ship and enjoyed time on the Lido Deck without the crowds.
    View All 2,825 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews