3. Carnival Sunshine
WE chose this particular cruise because of our great experience on 4 other carnival cruises and it went to new ports for us. The ship was not as well maintained as we expected, the food was not as good and wait staff was very disappointing to the point I spoke to a matre`d for the only time in 12 cruises. first night at diner the waiter introduced himself and disappeared, the rest of the diner was handled by the 3rd in line. we didn't get drinks and never offered desert - waiting over an hour for the meal. - the nights after that only were marginally better after speaking to the matre`d as the waiter was then overly sweet but still not great at taking care of our table. wishing we would have requested to move sections looking back. the ship had gone thru a major refit and I could not see where any improvements were made (must have been in suites or other areas not visited) the ship is not easy to get around, if you leave the comedy club (which we loved on the 2 splendor cruises) you had to go up decks to go around the club to get to the same deck on the ship. This is the only bad experience we have had with Carnival and are gold members - and have vowed never to go on the sunshine again. This review is a year later and I am still disappointed haven taken 3 more cruises now on other lines. I am sure we will travel at some point with Carnival again when the disappointment from this one wears off a little. We have taken several cruises from new york as it is closest but will not be using the port until the Sunshine is moved somewhere else

Disappointing overall with ship and crew

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Dakotagrafx