3. Ruby Princess
I was looking for a relaxing cruise to get away from winter at a good price and this one fit the bill. Also this cruise was a 10 day with stops in La Paz and Loretto, two ports I have never visited. The ship went north, up the Sea of Cortez, rather than south after passing Cabo San Lucas. Because of the timing of the cruise along with it being a 10 day, most of the passengers were in the 50 years and up age group with quite a few in the 70 and up group. Most of the fellow passengers were very well traveled making for some interesting conversations. More than 1/2 of the passengers were Platinum or Elite status, so were familiar with Princess. The crew was outstanding. Always greeted passengers with a smile and a good day. I found the staff to have an upbeat attitude. Food: I found the food to be good to very good. Not many meals would be rated as excellent, but I was satisfied with the food in the main dining room. Buffet food was good, but selections were not rotated often. Evening selections for dinner were ordinary, nothing special. The pizza in the pizza area needed more cheese. The Crown Grill filet minion and sides were good, not great and not worth the $29 extra. The deserts in the Crown Grill were just okay and I thought disappointing considering the extra fee. The deserts in the dining area surpassed the Crown Grill. Shows were on the whole entertaining and varied quite a bit so there was something for everyone. There was a lot of trivia. The whale watching in Cabo San Lucas was great. Saw a lot of humpbacks. I booked this through Princess. I would recommend this tour if traveling in Cabo during Whale season. The city tour and tour of the tequila business was on the whole interesting in Puerto Vallarta. There is another tour, very similar which I would recommend instead. The tour I went on stopped at a tile place which was a total waste of time. The other tour spent more time at the Tequila place and had more time to interact with the folk show. The city tour was good, but way too much shopping. After the city tour we went to a place where tequila is made. I don't drink Tequila, but found this to be very interesting. I enjoyed the folk show afterward and wish I had been there the whole time. We missed a good part of it since my tour stopped at a tile store which was disappointing.

Enjoyable. Excellent service

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by vmom

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

vmom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OY E619
Comfortable. There was a large life boat in front of the window, which I expected. I was able to get natural light through the window. The lighting in the cabin was poor. There was no where to go to get good lighting for make up application. The lights both in the bathroom and vanity were dim.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins