3. Viking Hemming
We had heard good reports of Viking and found that our trip was first rate. Our fellow passengers were British, American and Australian which made for some very interesting conversations over Dinner or in the lounge. We could not fault the staff. I had the misfortune of slipping in a restaurant in Coimbra cutting my head and spraining an ankle. The Viking staff were wonderful. One of the staff came with my husband and me to the local hospital so I could be checked over and she was a great help in translating and sorting things out. I was able to rejoin the ship and we continued our trip. The hotel (ship) manager found me a walking stick so I was able to get around but all the staff were so kind to me. We enjoyed every meal on board so full marks to the chef and his team. The waiting staff were also very efficient. Our cabin was kept very clean.I am sure that as the staff were all Portuguese they took a pride in their work and in their country. Both my husband and I are Hotel School trained and have lectured in Catering Colleges so if anything we are more critical but in this case the whole package was very good. The included trips were most interesting and enjoyable.. The hotel we stayed at in Lisbon (Lisboa Tivoli) was central and very comfortable and we enjoyed a lovely Dinner and Fado in the top floor restaurant overlooking the town. Overall the whole trip was well planned and thought out. We will travel with Viking again of that there is no doubt.

Fantastic Staff

Viking Hemming Cruise Review by exbourne GC

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Outside Stateroom

The included trips were most interesting and enjoyable..

Overall the whole trip was well planned and thought out.

We will travel with Viking again of that there is no doubt.
exbourne GC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hemming price drops

Standard Outside Stateroom
Cabin F
It had everything we needed.
Main Deck Outside Cabins