3. Celebrity Solstice
This was my 13th cruise ship so I'd say I'm a veteran cruiser now. My wife and I started cruising with Carnival first and then branched off to try Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Princess, and finally decided to stick with Royal Caribbean for the majority of our cruises until trying this new Celebrity ship. We're glad we did and now we're big fans! The Celebrity Solstice is an amazing ship and I'd have to rate it as well above any we've tried before. I typically pick either very large (over 100K ton) or very new ships and this one fit both bills. I'm glad they're building more Solstice-class because I'll be looking to cruise on one of her sister vessels in coming years. It's a very clean, bright, and airy ship. The use of glass throughout, the different types of seating (hammocks?!) on the decks, the lawn, and just the general design made it feel very open, inviting, modern (not too trendy) and relaxing. The staff was friendly and I can't say enough about the food - excellent! We decided to try their new Aqua Class staterooms (AQ). Essentially, it's a balcony room but you get some added perks to make your experience feel a bit higher-class (it worked too). In our stateroom when we arrived at the ship there was a bottle of Champagne on ice, fresh fruit and bottles of water (not sure if these were for AQ passengers only?). Each day our stateroom was restocked with a couple more bottles of water which my wife and I took with us on excursions each day. There had nice robes and hemp slippers that my size 12 feet had no chance of fitting (must be European sized?!). We were also given a gift during the cruise - a Celebrity shopping bag. The website mentioned the Hansgrohe shower head but other than the novelty of it, we played with it once and then turned off the 4 body-jets and just used it like any other shower. One of the exclusive perks for AQ class passengers was that you eat in a smaller, quaint restaurant called "Blu". The restaurant is next door to two extra-cost specialty restaurants. Our table was near the concierge's desk and we saw several people request entry and even offer to pay an extra fee but they were all politely turned away. The ship is pretty serious about maintaining the exclusivity of the restaurant. As noted earlier I think I'm a seasoned cruiser and one factor was usually consistent - I've typically gained anywhere from 7-10 lbs. I'm happy to report that this was the very first cruise I've ever taken where I didn't gain any weight! The gourmet portions were right-sized (not served on a platter) and even though it was available (and often encouraged) I didn't order second (or third) servings of any entrEes as I've done in the past and I never went hungry. With the healthy, lean foods, exercising in their great gym, and the active excursions, it all added up to a net gain of zero pounds - THAT was amazing to me! I wasn't starving myself or even trying to do anything special (except not eat myself into a coma) and I came out the same way I went in. In addition to the restaurant, there was a special glass-enclosed Spa relaxation lounge at the front of the ship available to AQ passengers. There was always soft meditation music, fresh ice water w/ fruit, and it's well off the beaten path. The times my wife and I went in there I only saw one other person so it truly was a relaxing location for those times when you wanted to avoid the masses. We (and lots onboard) loved the Martini Bar. There is also a nightclub onboard but it seemed to attract the younger 18+ crowd on our cruise and the karaoke lounge was a hit-or-miss. The 35-55 crowd congregated at the Martini Bar. We met a lot of interesting people but thanks to the "sampler" I kept ordering I don't quite remember any of them ;-) The drinks were good but the watching the skilled bartenders was just as much fun (ever seen Tom Cruise in the movie "Cocktail"?). So if you ever get a chance to sail the Celebrity Solstice or the Equinox then you've got to give it a shot - they're truly beautiful, unique ships.

The best cruise ship I've been on!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Kroozin99

Kroozin99’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1523
I had an Aqua Class (AQ) cabin on the Celebrity Solstice.  For cabin selection, on the specific itinerary I was on, I'd have preferred a STARBOARD room.  The port room I was never on the pierside when pulling into a location for the entire 10-day cruise!  I like seeing the city from my room versus always facing out to sea.  Ships don't always use the same pier or pull in the same way every time but for my cruise it was definitely a disadvantage to be on the port side.  There was actually a bit more storage than I'm used to.  Some cabinets were added above the bed which really did help a lot.  Noise was never a problem and in general I was very happy with the entire experience.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins