3. Adventure of the Seas
Had been on seven previous royal caribbean cruises, three out of San Juan. My wife and I convinced some long time friends to take their first cruise on Royal Caribbean (RC) with us. Unfortunately there was a Taxi strike the day we arrived in San Juan. Not an issue related to the cruise other than the reason for a 3 hour delay wasn't revealed by the RC staff at the airport until after an hour wait, and then only when I asked why the delay. That in itself was not a big deal except for the attitude of the two RC staff members. However, once on the ship we experienced an unexpected rudeness from several officers and key staff (dinner waiters); something we had never experienced. Despite raising the issues with the Guest Relations, nothing changed the entire cruise. One particular note is they had changed a policy about men not being allowed to wear a tank top at breakfast in the Sapphire dinning room. However, women were allowed to wear tank tops with spaghetti straps and bras showing. Other "new" polices restricted shorts at the evening dinning tables, apparently for men only, as numerous women were allowed to wear them. Overall, a less than "wowed" cruise for the first time ever for us. In addition to the onboard guest relations we informed our RC travel planner that we've always used. Never heard a thing back from her either. SAD! I will add that I informed RC International through their guest relations department about our issues that were not resolved during the cruise. We received one email stating they were looking into the complaint and would get back with us in two weeks. After two plus weeks I contacted them via phone and was told that due to delays it may take another two weeks for us to hear anything back. After a total of 5 weeks we finally gave up and realized that despite our loyal patronage over the past 12 years and 7 cruise we are not "Valued Guest". The only highlight for us was the cabin attendant. She was superb. Said to say we are very disappointed in our recent experience with Royal Caribbean cruise line. The least the company could have done was respond and say sorry for the policy changes and rudeness of our staff. As we love cruising we are now scheduled for two cruises this year with another cruise line.

Worse Royal Caribbean cruise in 7 sailings

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by DLewis0974

Overall, a less than "wowed" cruise for the first time ever for us.

The only highlight for us was the cabin attendant. She was superb.

DLewis0974’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Superb!!! Cabin attendant was one of the best we've had in 7 cruises.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans