3. Magellan
We chose this cruise to be away from home for Christmas and the New Year. The Ship, Cabin, Crew and most entertainers staff were absolutely superb. We chose the second sitting, and were served admirably by our waiters. Our table chums were very good company, the food on the whole was very acceptable. Although the entertainment was not really to my taste, but my wife loved it, i could see that a great deal of thought and rehearsal had gone into producing the shows. Both my wife and i did find the classical music in the Hamptons lounge great. Each evening we were there before going to Dinner into the Kensington. I found the on board lecturer a little tedious, with a subject matter of Yachting, DIY and weather i was looking forward to some good quality talks. Unfortunately this particular lecturer was most biased about his own self importance and past life, having listened to why his first wife left him (do i really need to know that?) i then listened to the first talk about sailing around the world. unfortunately his talk was all about him, not the yacht or voyage. I was aware of at least 2 offshore deep sea yachtsmen on board who all agreed that the talks were very uninformative. a surprise really as it transpired that he is a RYA instructor. I managed 2 talks before deciding i would rather do 6 dog watches in a storm than listen to him. The Garden lecturer was however very good, knowledgable about her subject and engaging. A down side to the cruise, was the constant moaning of any passenger's beyond a certain age. I have never heard so much gossip, untruths and rudeness. I dared to ask one passenger who was loudly moaning why he had chosen to come on a cruise, he said that his son made hm come away at christmas. Both my wife and i came to the uncharitable conclusion that the Christmas Cruise on board the Maggellan had many passenger's whose offspring had off loaded them onto CMV! Still we were not going to allow these sad passengers ruin our holiday, even though they tended to hog seats. We did try the on deck buffet a couple of times but left it to the old food monsters who had made the deck buffet their home. Unfortunately we missed madeira due to a heavy swell, but were treated to a wonderful firework display in the company of 10 other cruise ships, superb bit of "on station" handling of the ship, from the bridge. All other ports were just great. I agree with a previous poster that It was nice to see some Dutch passengers on the ship. The Ship rode any inclement weather very well, the worst sea state was a swell of around 4mts and winds of 30kts, but she rode the elements very well. nobody should have any problems with motion on the Magellan. Cabin? Big, comfy & great 4028.... but we chose carefully, fwd of midships. I heard anything aft of amidships was a bit creaky, but we never ventured down there! so in in five words? "WE HAD A GREAT CRUISE"

A most pleasant holiday - but spoiled by rude moaning elderly passages

Magellan Cruise Review by why worry be happy

so in in five words?

"WE HAD A GREAT CRUISE"
why worry be happy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Large, comfy great shower...