Viking Sea Cruise Review

Lands of Antiquity

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Molen60540

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

I'm a huge history and ancient mythology student and "fan". We went to so many of the places I've always dreamt of seeing. We could have had two days in Rome to have been able to see more of that wonderful city. Every location had tours / activities with knowledgeable guides. Only one exception was in Cyprus, the guide was an archeologist in France and merely read the information from the signage, repeated herself, and interested in having coffee and visiting with locals at the sight. With some travels using walkers and canes, she did not insure their safety but let them "explore". Loved Rhodes and the cooking class, the guide with us, gave us hints on the town and shopping, reminded us of our timing and afterward let us shop and walk back to the ship. Jerusalem’s guide respected all religions and answered all questions on the historical locations and made it great. Pompeii was a dream come true to able to walk back in time in a city of pure history, when we were told we were only seeing a section and there were to more explore, let alone that a third remains unexcavated, you felt and were awed by the history.

I've many people of the wonderful crew, so helpful and positive, the beauty of the ship, the cultural treasures in music, art and lectures available to you, the availability of the Spa, and lastly the indescribable cuisine available for each meal but particularly for dinner. We felt like we were going to the best restaurants in the Mediterranean every day. Our fellow explorers were as interesting as everything we did and made friends immediately which added to the magical experience. It was a small group of educated adults to share your time with. No children or teens and no hard selling of photos and other “items” so everywhere on cruises made you know that this is a quality experience. I came home planning my next Viking Cruise - No other cruise line could ever match the once in a lifetime experience of a Viking Cruise. You have spoiled my daughter and I for any other cruise be it river or ocean. We are anticipating a special river cruise when my grad-daughter earns her Doctorate in a few years. We can’t wait to enjoy the Viking experience again. Brava!

Molen60540's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Veranda Suite V2 624

A littel tight when you separate the beds for a mother and daughter traveling, The rooms are clean, comfortable and we both wanted to take your awesome bathrooms homw with us

Molen60540