3. Ruby Princess
This was our 8th cruise with Princess and the first time on the Ruby. This was a 10 day sailing. As platinum passengers the embarkation was flawless. We were on the ship within a half hour of arriving and went directly to our cabin on Aloha Deck mid ship. The cabin was the usual balcony cabin. The steward was great and made sure we had our extra hangers and towels. We decided to go to horizon court for lunch as it was still before main boarding had taken place. We were disappointed in the Buffet as the food was cold and not very interesting. We put that off to embarkation lunch. We loved the itinerary and very much enjoyed Loreto and La Paz. I would recommend that Princess add these to regular Mexico sailings and drop Cabo. These towns are easy to get around on your own. The areas that we found lacking were food (quality) and enrichment seminars. The food in the Horizon was cold and it did not seems to matter what you got. I spoke with one of the managers and he did not seem to care. Other people have also mentioned this in their reviews. The food and deserts did not change for the first three days of the cruise. The deserts quality and variety was also the same in the IC, which I remember as having a much higher quality, but not on this sailing. We were any time diners and found waits of up to 30 mins on multiple nights so we ate in Horizon and also at the Trident Grill. Trident Grill had a smokehouse BBQ at night which was good. You now have to pay for the pub lunch which we refused to do as it has always been included. As far as enrichment seminars 30 seminars were dedicated to subjects like, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, not seminars I care to have while I am on vacation. It was all about selling spa and other services. We did have 4 seminars on Mexico and Whales which were good. We also did observe many whales directly from the ship. We did attend some entertainment which was good. We really enjoyed Jumari a guitar player and the comedian Carlos Oscar. The music group Los Brillantes was great but was way overused so after 3 days we were done. This group played in the Piazza twice a day for the complete cruise. We did a walk off with our luggage on the return to Los Angeles. It was very easy and quick so we were off before 830AM. We had a great cruise and would hope Princess will offer more 10 days from the west coast. We also hope they read the reviews and realize the Ruby needs to improve in the areas I mentioned above.

The Ruby and the Baja

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by meh56

meh56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC A503
Clean and well kept by the steward. Princess cabins could use an update.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins