Viking Heimdal Cruise Review

Viking Heimdal Cruise Review by chelseafizzgigg

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

We wanted to sail down the Rhone River and sample Rhone wine. We like Viking cruises but we were disappointed with not getting to taste the various Rhone wine during our meals as we thought. They kept serving us this Merlot almost every night.

The excursions were all excellent. The night town tour in Viviers was excellent except the tour guide was going so fast, she left my husband and me behind. I just had knee surgery 7 months before so I was bit slow and they didn't have a leisure tor for this one.

I found out that the French balcony was better value for us. I had a balcony this time and it was not worth it. We were also facing the street side rather than the river which was where the view was.

All the places we visited were excellent. We stayed 3 extra days at the end in Nice and that was fabulous. We had an incredible view from our room of the Mediterranean Sea. We could see the sunrise and sunset from our balcony room. We took a day tour to St Paul de Vance and 2 other medieval towns and it was wonderful experience and our driver/tour guise was so accommodating. It was Viking's back up tour. The major one they used would not take just the 2 of us but their back up co. did. We had a private tour.

When we left the Viking rep accompanied us to the airport right to the correct counter. I wasn't expecting that.

chelseafizzgigg's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

Cabins are small but the balcony is really too small to sit though my husband did sit outside to read. I never used it. We are going back to the French Balcony which I just booked with friends for the Bourdeux cruise. Service is excellent. Rooms are always clean, neat and tidy. Beds and pillows very comfortable esp. since I have a bad back.

chelseafizzgigg