Viking Sea Cruise Review

Amazing, simply amazing!

Viking Sea Cruise Review by jhewson

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

For our 40th wedding anniversary, my wife and decided to take a Mediterranean cruise. I chose Viking because of the reviews. We couldn't have been more pleased with the choice. All the personnel I encountered in the planning stages were superb. When we arrived in Athens, we were met by Viking porters and were treated very well. Embarkation was smooth and without any issues. The ship was fairly new at the time. I believe it had been in service for just a few months. It was well maintained and looked new. When we arrived at our suite, I realized I made a mistake. The suite was designated as ADA. My wife and I do not need an ADA room. When I asked about being moved to a regular suite, we were moved within an hour to a different suite. The suite was great! King size bed, living area, balcony, a large bathroom with heated floors and a heated towel rack. What more could you ask for? The cabin stewards were excellent.

Room service was great! All entertainment we attended was great. A board ship there were a few specialty restaurants (included in cruise fare) where we ate dinner a few times. Service and food was good. We chose to eat most of our meals at the buffet... which was awesome. Every shore excursion we took was great! We visited Athens, Mykonos (Greece), Rhodes, Cyprus, Israel (2 ports), Heraklion (Greece), Naples and Rome. I would have liked to have more time in the Holy Land, but we had been there before. Because we extended our cruise in the final port, we were required to get our own transportation to the B&B. I would highly recommend this cruise, the excursions, and Viking Cruise Line. Note: There were NO kids on board. The cruise is geared towards adults. I would not recommend taking kids on this cruise.

jhewson's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Penthouse Junior Suite 8016

The suite was excellent! King size bed, living area and balcony. Two TVs - one for the living area and one for the "bedroom" separated by currents to keep the light low. The living area has a small couch and two chairs with a coffee table. A little cramped but works. Furniture looks new. Balcony is spacious with a table and two chairs. Bathroom is luxurious - heated floor and heated towel rack, large shower (no tub).

jhewson