3. Crown Princess
We choose this cruise for the itinerary. Couldn't wait to go to Buenos Aires, the Falklands and see penguins. Wow how awesome of a cruise would that be! NOT!! I'll start at embarkation out of Rio De Janeiro. At port there were no signs where to drop off luggage and check in. It was total confusion with everyone not just me. When we finally got to the ck in part you are in a big warehouse with no air conditioning, unless you have the local currency there is no water. There were already hundreds of people sitting standing waiting on the ck in to begin. We were there for quit a while in the heat before the line started moving. Ok, this is the worst embarkation I ever experienced. We had to be bused to the ship. Found out later the ship docked in the wrong spot. We were told later that there was a report of a rock in the way where it would normally dock. Imagine that.. The ship itself is a bit dated. Our cabin smelled musty, had to have the steward spray freshener in room. It evaporated the next day and smelled bad again. We had a set dinning time and loved our waiter. The food was again mediocre. We did eat at the Grill and it was fabulous. Entertainment was just so so, they did have a comedian that was pretty funny. This was my 18th cruise and have been on other cruise lines and have experienced different degrees of entertainment shows. This was by far my least favorite as far as entertainment goes. And I am not hard to please. A passenger had a medical emergency and had to be transferred to a hospital. Due to having to actually stop the ship and wait for boat transfer we didn't not get to Buenos Aires on the scheduled day. We got there the next day only to pick up more passengers, we were not allowed to get of ship. Next port was Montevideo which we didn't get in till 7:00pm only to pick up fuel and more supplies. We were only there a few hours and you could get off only if you wanted to walk in the pouring rain. Due to all the people wanted to get back on board and dry off they were clogging up the gangway. There was a announcement no one else was allowed of ship. Ugg. Because of all the delays we were skipping the Falklands all together. NO Penguins. Cape Horn was just a drive by. That was cool to see the glaciers. We did stop at Ushuaia and Punta Arenas. Due to all the missed ports, the cruise line decided to give everyone a disruption refund. It was 50% off this cruise and 50% off of a future cruise with Princess. I'm sure this is not the normal for this itinerary, hopefully if you go you will have a much better experience. I would do this itinerary again. I still want to go to the Falklands and see the Penguins.

Murphys Law Cruise