3. Viking Baldur
My deceased husband's brother & wife invited my daughter & I to go on this trip with them. My husband & I have lived for a while in the Netherlands and was anxious to return. I loved the service of all the ships employees and the cleanliness of everything. The service in dining room, cabin, & entertainment was far above excellent. When embarking on a walking tour in one town, I realized that I was not going to be able to do it (I am handicapped) after about one block, I turned to go back the ship when an employee volunteered to get a wheelchair for me and then push me all through the walking tour. I was unbelievably grateful for that kindness as I really wanted to see some of the places that my husband & I used to visit while living here. The dining room service was outstanding with the employees being extremely friendly, always remembered your name, what you like to drink or eat, and where in the room you preferred to sit and with whom, they were very funny as well as entertaining. The food was also the greatest. In the lounge the bartender always remembered your name, what you like to drink and your cabin number. The evening entertainment was always fun and various talks were extremely interesting and informative. The ports of call, while I have been to all of them many times while living here, were great and the tour guides were extremely informative. It is wonderful to have to only unpack once and yet travel several countries. I do not feel as though I missed much of the country while sailing at night and spending all day on shore. It was a wonderful first river cruise experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would and have recommended this river cruise and company to several people. You are able to get close to the sites and to see whatever there is to see on both sides of the ship while sailing. The long boat does not hold thousands of people, which is wonderful and makes everything much more personal. We traveled on the Baldur and were very happy with the ship, the staff, and the cruise in general. I have even made, what I think will be, a life-long friend, while on board the ship. I could not ask for more. It was the best cruise I have taken in many, many years.

Tulips & windmills - unsurpassed service and overall trip.

Viking Baldur Cruise Review by nanainwi

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior

It was the best cruise I have taken in many, many years.
nanainwi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Baldur price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 301
Very well laid out. Extremely clean at all times. The cabin girl was very friendly, like all employees, and very helpful.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins