3. Viking Vilhjalm
I traveled the Rhine in 2015 and the Danube in 2016. I had a wonderful time both trips. The cabins are wonderful and clean and all . The beds were comfortable. The showers were hot.The food was wonderful and delicious . The entertainment was wonderful. The ship is spotless . Any issues or questions were addressed . The tours are great for you had several levels of walking. The tour guides were all great and the most wonderful was the GIrl who did the Cesky kremlov was the greatest for she even gave her phone number, if we got lost or needed her. The ship never rocked and the crew kept us updated on all we needed to know. We got into Budapest late because of lock times and the next night the Captain took us back out after supper so we could sail back into Budapest in enjoy the spectacular lights of Budapest and it was fantastic for it was a holy day and all the church bells were ringing. It was spectacular as the fire works on the 4th of July! The crew on the boat were helpful and would do anything for you to make you comfortable and enjoy the trip. They could not have been nicer. My daughter is lactose intolerant and her food was great and she never ever got sick. Umbrellas were available if you needed them. We always had bottle water for tours. Bus Drivers were great. We met great and friendly people . People were polite on the trip. The cities were wonderful to see. Just sailing on the River was great . There was nothing to complain about. The man in charge of our side trips and other things told us we did not have change our euros for they would be accepted in the tourist area and he gave us the current conversion rates. I would love to go again. The next time I go it will be the Paris river cruise. My sleep was never ever disturbed. I loved it on the Danube for we had a suite. I loved the veranda and the view from the room. I loved up top of the boat and the special non slip flooring. I had no complaints and am saving my money for the Paris trip. I must say I am 70 and going on the boat to all these places was great for I did not have to go from hotel to hotel unpacking and packing . Eating my meals on the boat saved my daughter and me for getting sick . The meals on the boat corresponded to were we were and so did the entertainment. You can drink the water on the boat also. You did not miss anything by not eating in the towns for you had the cuisine and the local entertainment. Yes can't wait to go again. Oh yes they have people at the airport the help you get to the bus that goes to the boat when you arrive and when you leave they have people at the airport helping you get checked in. It is quite the organized procedure getting everyone to the airport in time for their flights -- staring breakfast in the wee hours . You never went hungry.

WONDERFUL TIME, TREATED LIKE A QUEEN

Viking Vilhjalm Cruise Review by DEARLY

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite
I traveled the Rhine in 2015 and the Danube in 2016.

The ship never rocked and the crew kept us updated on all we needed to know.

Bus Drivers were great.

We met great and friendly people . People were polite on the trip.

The cities were wonderful to see.

Just sailing on the River was great .

There was nothing to complain about.

I would love to go again.

The next time I go it will be the Paris river cruise.

My sleep was never ever disturbed.

I loved up top of the boat and the special non slip flooring.

I had no complaints and am saving my money for the Paris trip.

Yes can't wait to go again.

DEARLY’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vilhjalm price drops

Explorer Suite
Cabin ES 304
The room was wonderful . The service was wonderful. The shampoos and such were high quality . The rooms were clean and the beds were made for you and got ready for bed for you. No complaints. Every one on the boat did spatucluar jobs .
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins