3. Viking Egil
To start, we've cruised Viking before and discovered it to be a far superior and personal cruise line than many of their competitors. Cruising up the Danube from Budapest is probably one of the most scenic river cruises in the world. It was not only relaxing, but Viking docks almost every morning for an included tour of the local area sharing with us the local culture, and in many cases encouraging us to interact with the locals. It's always positive and fun. We also enjoy Viking's attitude towards it's passengers. They are always there to help and explain anything to us. The crews attitude is "you are on vacation, and we are here to make sure you enjoy yourself". I asked on our first Viking cruise, "do I have to dress up for dinner?'. Numerous responses to me were, "your on vacation, so dress casual and enjoy yourself" (I might add, they killed all future desire to ocean cruise ever again). Our cruise director is always there to explain what is happening when you pass through interesting areas and river locks, etc. We never felt so pampered, it was almost as if they couldn't do enough to please us (not that we expected this approach). The Viking Egil captain, as very busy man, was personable and always happy to explain ship operations, etc. This trip was taking by only my wife and me. Our children are all grown and we encourage them to try Viking too.

Cruising up the Danube

Viking Egil Cruise Review by elautsch

elautsch’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Egil price drops

Cabin ?
Very nice two room cabin with a veranda. Nicely appointed and clean with plenty of room to move around and be comfortable.
  Viking Egil Deck Plans