3. Viking Aegir
We chose this cruise because my grandparents were Hungarian immigrants, so this was an opportunity to come to Hungary. My husband and I took the cruise from Budapest to Bucharest, then returned to Budapest after which we spent a few days visiting the towns from which my ancestors came. The cruise was magnificent and was way more than I had anticipated. It was worth every cent we spent on it. Everything about the ship, the itinerary, the places we stayed when on shore, the excursions each time we landed in a new port, and the food was first class. I was most impressed by the emphasis on educating us guests about the countries we visited and the opportunities we had to engage in cultural experiences- all included in our cruise. The leaders of the excursions were usually local people who were knowledgeable and enthusiastic to share their countries with us. The crew on the ship also were enthusiastic, friendly, engaging, knowledgeable, and they obviously loved their jobs. Food and service were outstanding. We had a wonderful time, and we really learned a lot about the people, their history, and their cultures. We are motivated to learn more. I definitely recommend this kind of a cultural experience, and we plan on going on more Viking cruises in the future.

Our Viking cruise - a magnificent cultural experience

Anne042068’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Aegir price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 211
The cabin was very nice. It was a little small, but that is to be expected.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins