3. Viking Emerald
I selected this cruise to see mainland China with additional tours of Guilin and Hong Kong. Some of the high points of the tour were the Three Gorges Dam, the Tera-cotta Warriors, the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. Highly recommended. The ship and the staff were all very attentive and service was excellent. The menu was excellent, with dishes from various parts of China. It was interesting to have vendors on each of the decks selling souvenirs and other items. There was one vendor selling different verities of Tea, and with the tea the seller explained the history and the serving procedures. I found this very interesting since I was not aware that the serving of tea affected the taste At several of the ports, the ship personnel would do a short presentation (i.e. 1 hour) on what the Shore excursion would be. All the tour guides were friendly and knowledgable about the sites we visited, and they spoke near perfect English. All the hotel accommodations were five stars and the restaurants were excellent. I would not go on this tour again (not a fault of Viking), but my own personal choice. I want to see/visit other places in the world and would definitely select Viking Tours to travel with.

Imperial Jewels of China

Viking Emerald Cruise Review by eagledriver325

eagledriver325’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Emerald price drops

The cabin was excellent, clean and large enough for two people. We had a veranda to sit outside, but the weather was too cold at times to do so. I do have one complaint, there was no heat in the cabin for several days. This issue was experienced by a number of guest. Apparently the ship was doing a seasonal change and the boiler was under maintenance. Once the boiler was operational, cabin temperature was comfortable.