3. Viking Gefjon
We never have been to that part of the world and wanted experience a much smaller ship so a Viking river cruise with excursions included sounded good to us. (I loved the Viking advertisements that I saw at the movie theaters.) We travelled with our close friends, another married couple, which enhanced our comfort with the tours and the new experiences we were having. We enjoyed the Viking Gefjon ship far more than the 2000+ large ship cruise we took two years prior to Istanbul and the Greek Isles. My husband doesn't care for large crowds and prefers a much smaller ship. The Viking Gefjon cabin, the dining, the service, the tours, the cultural information and the views were outstanding. From day one on the ship we thoroughly enjoyed everything about our trip. Viking service made our trip effortless. We liked Viking so much that we will be leaving on another Viking river cruise in March 2017 to the Elbe (cruise 5 days) and 11 days on land will include Berlin, Prague, Krakow & Warsaw. At the ripe age of 71 and 75, we are feeling spoiled and pampered by the luxury Viking provides even though on all our prior travels through the years, we were more the tent and backpack type of travelers!

Viking River Cruise on the Danube: Budapest to Dassau to Prague