3. Viking Modi
Don't have time for a long review. We had a deluxe veranda room. At first look, it seemed small, but everything was laid out nicely so it didn't seem cramped. The Modi itself seemed quite new...everything was nice and shiny. The service staff were excellent, led by the cruise director, Joey. The food aboard was really good...enjoyed both the set meals and the buffet. The lounge is very comfortable to sit and read. There wasn't much in the way of entertainment....a piano bar and a couple of guest performers. Really enjoyed all the ports. We did the "extension" run by Viking in Prague at the beginning of the trip. All the details, including the transfer to the ship were top notch. One thing I really appreciated with Viking was the quality of their tour guides....every one knew just about every detail of your port and they all spoke very clear English. My previous cruise was with Celebrity in the Adriatic and their guides had such prominent accents they were unintelligible over the whisper headset. None of that with Viking. All the ports were really interesting. once or twice I felt we didn't have enough free time, but for the most part I was satisfied. I definitely plan on returning to both Budapest and Vienna for a more in depth visit on a future date. One day is just enough to scratch the surface. Highly recommend this cruise.

Viking Grand European River cruise

Viking Modi Cruise Review by marycwilson

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior

Highly recommend this cruise.
marycwilson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Modi price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 214
The balcony is definitely worth the extra price....at least half of the cruise the upper observation deck is closed because of low bridges....nice to sit outside and watch the life on shore.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins