Viking Atla Cruise Review

Viking Atla Cruise Review by jerhillius

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony Superior

Grade A service, Grade A logistics, Grade A tours, Grade A optional land excursions, Grade A food, and Grade A entertainment.

The food was superb and for me being on a salt restricted diet, the maitre'd sought me out at breakfast and would give me the lunch menu and dinner menu for the day. On the left side are the daily selections and on the right there are the standbys available every night, e.g., steak, fish, chicken, pasta. I was able to pick my daily meals with no salt....especially made for me. There were others who were diabetic and those needing a gluten free meal.

The land tours were great and divided into groups from easy walking to longer more intense walking trips. The guides were local to the town we were visiting and they spoke English very well. They definitely deserved the tips that were offered.

I can't think of one thing that I would have changed. The service was impeccable. First night we had a tour of the river lights in Budapest. It was chilly when we went to the upper deck, but they were right there with blankets and a tray of apricot schnapps. Nice touch!!

jerhillius's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony Superior

Although there are bigger cabins, the French Balcony is fine for a week cruise. The only time we were in our room was at night when we slept. We took advantage of all meals and entertainment.

jerhillius