Viking Egil Cruise Review

Stimulating, interesting, exceeded my expectations, was wonderful.

Viking Egil Cruise Review by Jim and Jo

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Europe River

I chose this cruise because I could see tulips, windmills, castles, and the Swiss Alps all on one trip. I id that with extensions before and after the cruise. While on the cruise, the crew was attentive, listened to my requests, remembered my desires, and waited on me like a queen. The bedding was perfect, even the pillows, and I have muscles that get cramped away from my own bed..We made friends with passengers and staff, both of whom we have remained in contact. As two around-80 women, we were the ship's mascots and well cared for. And oh, yes, the food was wonderful too.

I liked that information was provided about the areas we were visiting and not just provided just for entertainment alone. Several times there was singing or musical perfermances that were enjoyable but again they were pertinent to the area.

The shore excursions were diversified and interesting with well-thought out alternatives.

Since I was slower on a cane, groups were organized for those of us who were not as fast as most passengers. We still saw the most important parts of the shore excursions at a more leisurely pace. Twice; in port, we hired taxis to take us through small towns and the staff was helpful in directly them where to take us. Also helpful in arranging for a hair appointment in port.

My friend and I found the river cruise so enjoyable that we are looking forward to a Viking Ocean Cruise in a month.

Jim and Jo's Full Rating Summary

Cabin French Balcony 200

With a twin bed, my bed was against the window, so I could peak out the edge of the curtain to see the river pass by as I was falling asleep. It was wonderful. The room at that level are not open but not cramped. I would have liked a chair. But a very comfortable bed made up for that. I loved the sliding window so I could take pictures out the window. In April we did not feel the need for a veranda but in the summer that would be helpful with chairs and more space. Staterooms down below are the same and little time is spent in the room, so would be adequate if that meant a person was able to afford to go. Room very well laid our and easy to unpack and live in..

Canal Tour

Informative, enjoyable, a good way to get an overview of Amsterdam

View All 311 Canal Tour Reviews
The Keukenhof Gardens

The highlight of the trip, the reason I booked in April. I was only able to on-forth of the gardens,it is immense. I should have booked a motorized wheel chair. The flowers were breath=taking but the gardens and cherry trees were wonderful in themselves.

View All 88 The Keukenhof Gardens Reviews
Cologne

Loved the Dom, the cathedral! Took my breath away!

Heidelberg Castle

Loved the Castle and the city walking tour. Had and excellent lunch in one of the only original buildings still standing on the square.

View All 180 Heidelberg Castle Reviews
Lucerne

Viking booked and excursion to Mt. Titlis at about 10,000 ft. Unfortunately it was snowing,so we had no view. But we had the adventure of two cable car rides and great Christmas shopping at the top of the moutain.

Jim and Jo