3. Viking Heimdal
Our cruise party consisted of myself, my oldest daughter, my youngest sister and her oldest daughter. It started out being an opportunity to get together to go over genealogy information for our family. We did actually discuss genealogy, but the cruise had so much going on that it became secondary. We did have some excitement on this cruise--my daughter accidently got off the HEIMDAHL as it was leaving port--she went upstairs to watch the departure on the first night. There was a German ship tied closely to the HEIMDAHL and when she went up the steps, she was on the German ship. She had her glass of wine and no identification on her. None of us knew she was missing because the rest of our party went to bed. Fortunately, the ship administration eventually got her back by taxi in the middle of the night. Thanks to them for taking care of her. Later, she had the opportunity to repay with her nursing skills when another passage collapsed on the dance floor. This cruise took me to places where I have always wanted to visit, but only dreamed about previously. The weather in southern France was a bit too hot for me at that time of the year. Next time, I'd choose a different month. The dining was superb, service was outstanding. The ports and shore excursions were just the best ever. Our cabin was larger than I thought it would be. Ship entertainment was just that, "entertaining." I would love to go again. This was a trip to remember!

Fantastic Cruise!

JMeggitt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B unknown
Excellent and plenty spacious. I do not remember the cabin number or category.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins