3. Viking Odin
My husband and I decided to commemorate our 10th wedding anniversary by going on a trip to Europe. We are avid fans of Downton Abbey, and we were mesmerized by the Viking River Cruise commercials displaying the Ship, and the wonderful breathtaking views from the river. We felt that Viking River Cruise had a well planned cruise, with all meals and beverages included, daily excursions and bonus excursions which were optional, and that it was a wonderful way to relax and not worry about where to go, and what to do each day, as Viking River cruise staff had it all organized and planned out. We were so impressed with the hosts at each place we visited (Czech, Bamburg, Nuremberg, Rudesheim, Miltenberg, Gutenberg, Cochem and Trier, then our week long trip in Paris France). All I can say is that I slept deeply and soundly each night, and woke up early to catch breakfast and mingle with our new friends. Breakfast and Lunch offered healthy choices, (we skipped 1-2 excursions because we wanted to sight see on the ship and enjoy the weather) Dinner was also good, but often I would eat when in the towns so I would definately enjoy the bar area where I was able to get to know the staff. I felt that I was treated like family by Each staff member, especially "Dada" Davorka Dada Grdic, Jindra Theresa, and Claudia Diederix, the program director, all were so helpful and made us feel at home! This trip affected me so much that even after all these months, I sometimes wake up and think I'm somewhere in Germany or Paris. Lol We plan to take another trip from Basil Switzerland to Amsterdam in the Fall and can't wait, I just wish I could have the same staff as the ones on Odin!

Wonderful Life Experience Trip Filled with History, Art, Architecture, Stories

Analucianovak’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Odin price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 317
Perfect space for two people, intimate. I loved having the balcony as I would sit out there in the morning, reading and or just viewing the scenery. I also practiced yoga daily either in my room next to the balcony or used both spaces.
The bathroom size was also large - enough room for a shower,toilet and our items we used could be stored in the there.
As far as our luggage, plenty of space under the bed, we used the dresser drawers and closet which helped us plan out our wardrobe for each day.
The cleaning staff did a wonderful job and often would leave pleasant surprises in our room, such as a towel formed into a bunny rabbit; plus they knew it was our anniversary and had champagne and chocolates in our room, with rose petals on our bed!
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins