3. Viking Idun
This was our 30th Anniversary and we wanted to make it special. We have long thought about river cruises. I researched 5 different companies and then worked with my travel agent. Her suggestion was a Viking Cruise. I was skeptical about taking the Cities of Light Cruise & going to Prague, but she found a great deal. We have been on a few ocean cruises with different companies and I think Viking has spoiled us to the point that we're not sure we want to go with anyone else. We couldn't have been more pleased with our cruise! The 2 nights in Paris were wonderful. We arrived on Bastille Day, July 14th and our hotel was right across the street from the Eiffel Tower! The fireworks display was fabulous and we watched it from our hotel. All our our tour guides were wonderful. Very knowledgeable and fun. It seemed like they really enjoyed being with us. After leaving Paris, we went to Luxembourg. Our group was very fortunate. We finished up the tour just as Secretary of State Kerry walked down the street to lay a wreath at the Monument of Remembrance. He stopped to talked to our group before moving on. I don't think there are enough words to describe how wonderful the Viking Idun was. Everyone was set up and ready as we boarded the ship. The staff was so attentive and helpful. Our servers were amazing. After only 1 day, they knew exactly what we liked and brought it to our table or at the bar! The food was first class! Don't know how to describe how much we enjoyed just cruising the river. Even though there were quite a few lochs and we weren't able to go up on top, it was extremely relaxing. We can't wait to go on another Viking Cruise! The hardest part is deciding another river cruise or trying the Viking Ocean cruises.

First Class Cruise