3. Carnival Triumph
Ok, so first. I just want to say, regardless of anything else, I definitely had a great time! It's hard not to have fun when you're on a cruise and I've been on a lot. However, the ship itself needs to be dry docked and completely overhauled. The main public areas have been redone and are very nice, but areas such as by the Aft pool look run down and falling apart. The cleanliness of the ship was not that great. When you take your finger and run it across the top of a picture in your stateroom, it should not come off full of dust. You should be able to see through the windows to your balcony at least. And the mirror should not look filthy when steamed up. We had to mention this to our stateroom attendant and it was however quickly addressed and taken care of but we should not have had to do that. The service in the main dining room was very inconsistent. Many times orders got messed up or an item forgotten. Coffee was not offered every night. It seemed we had to ask or beg for everything. The proper utensils were not always provided. It really came down to a lack of attention to detail. If attention to detail is focused on, the service will be amazing. I also noticed the staff seemed to be terribly overworked. In my opinion, hire a few more stateroom attendants for each floor and few more helpers in the main dining room and service will be greatly improved. Our cabin had a lot of broken things. The handle to the balcony was stuck in the open position, some light panels were cracked and some lights were out. Beds however were great. The food was great. The seafood selections (paid) I enjoyed the Crab Legs but it would be nice to be provided with the little fork and a set of crab crackers instead of just a regular fork and a butter knife. Again. Attention to detail!! Fix those things, dry dock and redo the ship, it will be a great ship. I've been on older which seemed to be much better taken care of. Overall though, it was still a fun, great cruise.

Great cruise, Had Fun - Ship Needs Work

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Travelyorkie

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Overall though, it was still a fun, great cruise.
Travelyorkie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6384
The cabin needs to be thoroughly cleaned from top to bottom. All broken items fixed or replaced and then it will be fine. I failed it because of safety items and cleanliness.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins