• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Disney Wonder Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

First cruise and it was beyond exceptional! So good we booked another!!!

Review for Disney Wonder to the Bahamas
Pinealope
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Standard Inside Stateroom
Traveled with children

Our family has four kids 2, 4, 5 and 13 when we went on the cruise. We had 2 rooms right next to each other. We drove from Michigan overnight to Houston. Stayed there while were notified by the fog delay. The embarkation was as good as it could be. But I recommend going to the bathroom before you enter a line. There didn't appear to be one until you pass security.

The ship was beautiful every inch, every detail. When we were in Nassau there were 2 Carnival and 2 Royal Caribbean ships in port. The Wonder made them all look 2nd rate. I laughed at all the people watching us from their ships as we left. There seems to be a worker for every 2 people onboard and they are working. Cleaning, fixing, and everything inbetween. Our room host was amazing! He truly made our trip. With 4 kids our rooms were less than perfect to say the least but every time we returned it was gorgeous! Twice a day our rooms were serviced and it was one of my favorite moments opening up that door and just loving how everything was clean and neat. He helped organize the kids toys, dresses and pickup clothes that my teen somehow multiplied on the trip. I had a light that didn't work at first and the USB ports on the plug didn't work. I mentioned it to the room host and it was fixed within an hour. Guest services also called to confirm.

The kids oceaneer clubs were great. The kids loved them with lots to do. They have a fantastic automatic hand washer that should be in all schools. Very secure and everyone has their picture taken. You are notified by both the wave phones in the rooms and the phone app if you use it.

Standard Inside Stateroom

Cabin 11A

Great location. AFT. All kids clubs are on the 5th floor which was super convenient. Buena vista theater is 5th AFT as well. Also the beverage station is on level 9 aft so quick elevator up and you're there. Animator's palate is level 4 aft. We thought it was a great location for our family.

17 Helpful Votes