3. Jewel of the Seas
I took a group and was looking to balance affordability with different destinations. The ship is mid size and the public areas are clean and attractive. The dining room staff was great but the food was so so. We dined at Chops, the specialty dining room and the food and service were outstanding. The shore excursions were really good, with plenty of options. Getting on and off the ship was trouble free. Aside from one comedian, we were not impressed with the shows. Judging from the number of people in the audience each night, my guess was no one else thought I had of it either. They have a well appoint d gym and a nice spa area. There were plenty of activities to choose from. My only real con was the lack of amenities in the stateroom and the difficulty in getting things you requested to your room. Also, the showers are quite small and difficult to maneuver in. Aside from that, it would be a great ship for first time cruisers and those seeking affordability.

Good value for the money

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Jdlowers

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
Jdlowers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

The cabins are clean. There was no shampoo or conditioner, only a dispenser in the shower. Our room attendant was friendly but did not do a great job. We had no laundry bag or order form, no room service forms, and though we asked for water to be replenished daily in our mini fridge, it was not.
  Jewel of the Seas Deck Plans