3. Carnival Ecstasy
I am sorry this review is a bit delayed. We had a wonderful experience on the Carnival Ecstasy. From the time we boarded to the time we said "Goodbye" the crew on the Ecstasy was fabulous. Boarding was simple and fast, our luggage was also delivered within an hour of us boarding at 1:00 so that was nice. Our cabin steward was nice, friendly and efficient. The room(M233) was a big dingy and worn but we didn't spend much time there. Our layout was 2 twin beds with a Bunk/Murphy beds above each of them, nobody really liked sleeping on the higher beds but they were all comfortable. The bathroom was a decent size but there wasn't very good water pressure in our cabin. There was ample closet space for clothes for 4 people. There was one little chair and one little ottoman type seat to sit on, the room didn't offer much room to just chill out unless you were on the balcony. Our balcony was wonderful with amazing views, I am not sure it could be beat. We have dined all over the world and enjoy eating good food. The first day the buffet was pretty pathetic, I was not fond of any lunch we had on the cruise other than the day at Half Moon Cay, that was an excellent meal. Breakfast was good, some days it took a long time to get our food but that was okay. Dinner in the main dining room was fabulous and our waiter "Anang" was the best, he consistently offered superior customer service. I usually had the "regional choice" for my main course of dinner and I was never disappointed. The few drinks I had on the ship were superb as well. Half Moon Cay was beautiful and we really enjoyed our time there, the water was pristine. I didn't enjoy Nassau but that was my fault as we didn't venture very far away from the port and truly explore. I found the vendors there to be some of the pushiest I have encountered. We did visit the Pompey Museum and the Pirates of Nassau Museum and enjoyed both of those tremendously. Our days at sea were Chilly and windy, the pool was nice, the slides weren't very good, nobody seemed to be able to make it to the bottom without a lot of effort. My kids went to Camp Ocean one time and refused to ever go back, they didn't like it at all. We did have a great time playing mini golf and shuffleboard and some of the contests were a hoot. The shows were decent, "Motor City" was amazing and "The Brits" show was just so so. The whole family loved the music trivia in the Promenade at night. Don't miss the "Hasbro Game Show", it was a lot of fun! Beware of the smoke, I found the ship to be very smoky. We went to play Trivia one day, there were kids from toddlers to teens present and the room was so smoky that we left. I wish they could find a way to contain the smoke to certain rooms. I found the salespeople in the shopping venues to be a little pushy, especially in the liquor store. I went in to buy something specific and didn't because I overheard the male salesman tell his colleague "Watch me, I've got this one, I'll sell this lady 1/2 the store!" I purposely kept him "selling" and talking for over an hour and walked away empty handed. I ordered flowers while we were on the ship and they were beautiful. The spa was nice but they tried to sell a lot too and were pushy in a very laid back kind of way. The poor esthetician tried to convince me that she had lotion that would work better than botox and the results would last for 3 years...I didn't buy it. The highlight of our cruise was the "Behind the Scenes" tour of the ship. I think there were 12 in our group and we got to visit every part of the ship to see how they make everything run smoothly and efficiently. The kitchen was our favorite part of that tour, the amount of food they prepare daily is unbelievable! Visiting the "Bridge" was also very interesting! We got great souvenirs from that tour and even a surprise that was delivered to our room later in the day, I won't give it completely away but I will say that it was scrumptious! This tour is well worth the $$$. I purchased the "fastest" internet package because I had a sick family member that I needed to get updates on regularly. Please do not expect much from this, it was very poor service. I really can't imagine how bad the less expensive and "slower" internet would be. Last but not least! Our Cruise Director, Dustin, was just absolutely fantastic. He was great with kids of all ages! He truly had a vivacious and contagious contagious energy! His great hats were a hit with everyone on board and he was warm and friendly with everyone I saw him interact with. My kids still ask when we are going to see Dustin again! Honestly, Dustin and Anang "made" our cruise wonderful. Although not perfect (what is?) this cruise was wonderful!

Great Cruise

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Smileypeach

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Although not perfect (what is?) this cruise was wonderful!
Smileypeach’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A M233
The cabin was a bit dingy and worn, there really was nowhere to sit other than one tiny chair and an ottoman type seat. The closet space was wonderful! There is only 1 plug in the room so bring a powerstrip!
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins