3. Island Princess
I chose this cruise because of the itinery and the number of days at sea. I was celebrating a partial retirement and just wanted an extended time to relax. I had concerns about the age of the ship, this being my 23rd cruise and it has been at least 5 years which I had been on a ship older than 3 years. The reviews were mild and seemed to cpomplain about overcrowding on sea days. To my surprise the the ship although fully booked never seemed crowde4d at all. I could get a lounge chair at any time by the pool deck. Occasionally a show or bar got crowded but over all it made this ship seem very adequate. Be prepared the ship was largely people 60 and up with few children, but I believe that was the result of it being a 15 day cruise starting after the holidays were over. For me going on my first cruise in 20 years without my children this turned into a big plus. Entertainment could have been better, but the stops and of course the Canal were all fun. Dining room food was good and Sabatini's was the best it had been in years. The BAyou cafe and Crab Shack were passable and I was disappointed in the Chef's Table for which the food was very good, but the creativity I am used to was lacking. The absolute hilight of the ship was the service. From top to bottom the crew was friendly, attentive and eager to please. This made this trip a delight. Although showing signs of age this Princess can still deliver. ENjoy

A Pleasant Surprise

Island Princess Cruise Review by Scott269

Although showing signs of age this Princess can still deliver.

ENjoy
Scott269’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 D422
The suite cabin although showing some signs of age was roomy, clean and in an excellent location for moving around the ship. Since it was in the center we avoided walking past rows and rows of identical doors. The balcony was spacious with 2 teak chairs, 2 teak longers and a round table. Plenty of storage and very enjoyable.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins