3. Island Princess
I sailed on the Island Princess prior to the latest renovations and found no improvements benefitting passengers. More cabins were added reducing common space area. The gym is now is a small room with no windows. The theatre is small and, unless you arrive at least one half hour early for shows, you generally cannot find a seat. The Enrichment lecturer, Dr. Glassner, was excellent. The Activities staff were good and there were lots of activity options. A huge problem is having activities on Deck 5 foyer, as their is no proper seating. i opted for My Time Dining and had to wait in line over 45 minutes for a table - totally unacceptable when there were many table that were not in use. Lots of people were unhappy with this situation. Given this disappointing situation, I simply ate in the buffet for the remainder of the cruise. The buffet was poorly laid out. As you came in your picked up your dish and proceeded along two rows of counters and a smaller island counter. It caused traffic jams. I saw a server clear a table and use a napkin that the person who had sat at the table used to wipe down the table! Lemonade was available in the buffet but by request only - I am not sure why this is. The desserts always looked enticing but never tasted as good at they looked. The Guest Relations staff, in general, were not terribly friendly. Given previous disembarkation experience, I opted to walk off with my luggage. There were three walk-off groups. The wrong location as to where to wait was printed in the disembarkation information. Also, it would have been more efficient to have the three groups waiting in their walk-off group instead of co-mingling everyone. The ship was kept clean. As I had been to all of the ports of call, I did not take any of the ship's excursions.

Not Impressed with Island Princess