3. Ovation of the Seas
Wanted to experience this new big ship. And wow it is enormous. Lots to offer to families has there is so much to see and do.But lots of lines to do everything. And if you didn't get in earlier to book all tickets for special shows you have to wait until all people had entered the theatres with their passes and you could then hopefully find a seat once you got the go ahead to enter. The shows were worth the wait though. The marriage and love game show was hilarious to watch too. We were lucky to have booked tours which gave us the opportunity to be dropped in town afterwards. It was a disgrace that after thee days at sea people had to stand in huge lines to obtain shuttle passes to go independently to town. You would think they could be handed to them has they leave the ship. The windjammer was fun to go there with staff dancing 'washy washy' and had everyone dancing to get their hands washed., Food was good. Can't say the same for the dining room meals. I had the nightly special of lamb stew. it arrived in a large bowl full of onion and 4 pieces of lamb. Have never seen anything like this served on previous cruises. Our cabin was lovely with a very attentive room attendant to keep it so clean especially after I had to spend a day of sickness in there,.Surprisingly with so many people we got on and off the ship quite quickly.But would I go back on it? I think I prefer to get the personl touch on smaller ships.

Exciting start, disappointing ending

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review by Chrissy06

Chrissy06’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

very well maintained.Cabin a nice size with plenty storage. Balcony with two recliner chairs.
  Ovation of the Seas Deck Plans

• Dunedin
    we have been to Dunedin a few times so we just liking chatting to the locals about how things are going with them.
    View All 304 Dunedin Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Dunedin Cruise Port Review
  • Maori Waka (War Canoe) Experience
    We were greeted at the port with all the olden cars and their owners dressed in their grand finery. But we then went on our tour which was very interesting to find out about the maori ancestors. and what fun we had rowing the boats.
    View All 2 Maori Waka (War Canoe) Experience Reviews
  • Heritage Air and Rail Tour
    My husband enjoyed the museum whilst I went around taking all the photos inside and out. It was fun riding the little train back to our bus.
    View All 1 Heritage Air and Rail Tour Reviews
  • Pencarrow Station
    We had a lovely driver who explained to us what we were seeing. It was bucketing down with rain when we arrived but we were quickly ushered inside to a warm room with coffee and lots of lovely goodies to eat. One of the girls bravely went out in the wind and rain to show the dogs rounding up the sheep. A few brave people went out to watch too including my husband. Lovely people running this business.
    View All 6 Pencarrow Station Reviews